Drop Off time: 7:45-8:10 am.
Class begins promptly at 8:15.
Students need to be in their seats and ready for announcements.
Pick up time: M-TH 3-3:15 and F 1:45 - 2:00.
The dropoff and pickup traffic patterns can be viewed at this link.
Our busiest and most congested moments of the day are when children are dropped off and picked up from school in the morning and afternoon. SAFETY IS OUR NUMBER ONE PRIORITY.
- Dismissal occurs at 3:00 p.m. on M-Th and at 1:45 p.m. on Friday’s. Please stagger the time that you pick your child(ren) up. For example, arriving at 3:05 p.m. or even 3:10 p.m. rather than 3:00 p.m., will help move cars through the line more efficiently to prevent backing up the process and alleviate parking on the street.
- Please post a 8”x11” piece of paper with the first and last names of your child(ren) on the passenger side window of your vehicle. This will expedite the call of your child(ren) to your vehicle.
- This year our offsite afterschool programs will be parking at the far end of the parking lot in front of the recycling and trash dumpsters.
- An additional pickup lane will be opened to increase the efficiency of dismissal. This additional lane will require an increased level of awareness for student’s safety as they are crossing.
- Rilke will continue to practice "Rilke takes Right", all traffic exiting the Rilke Schule parking lot will make a right turn out of the parking lot. This procedure will be continued to reduce the traffic between Rilke Schule and the frontage road, which will allow emergency vehicles access to Rilke.
- Kindergarten and 1st grade students that do not have an older sibling(s) and do not have a club must be picked up by parent/guardian in their respective classroom.
- Parents of 2nd through 8th grade students may arrange with your child(ren)'s teachers to have the older sibling (2nd-8th grade) pick up a kindergarten or 1st grade sibling once radioed for dismissal. For safety reasons, older siblings will not be able to pick up the younger sibling until called on the radio for dismissal.
- As we want to be good neighbors, please do not park on the grass on any of the side roads or 64th Avenue. Your assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated.
- Safety is our number one concern all day, every day at Rilke Schule. Please adhere to the speed limit of 5 MPH in the parking lot and remember our school is a no phone zone.
Every family must maintain their contact information in Zangle. The office uses this information to determine who has permission to take children home from school. Please ask the front office for assistance.
ASD asks that parents not arrive before the final bell (3:00).This is for safety reasons in case emergency vehicles need to get through.
CARPOOLING TO RILKE
The Carpool Map is hanging up in the main lobby at school, sponsored by the Rilke Schule Verein. If you are interested in this program, add your home location to the map with a numbered push pin, and then fill out an index card with the number of your push pin, name, address, and contact information. Families can then see at a quick glance who lives nearby and is available to carpool. You can also note how many seats you have available and how many kids you need rides for. File the card in numeric order in the card box. Past participating families, please update your cards as all pins were removed during the summer.